The Research Office has a dedicated funding team to provide professional advice and guidance when applying for external research funding. A comprehensive service is provided which consists of the following:
• Funder Identification – we provide advice and guidance on the identification of appropriate funding sources. Whether you are an established academic or a new starters and seeking funds for a variety of activities such as for research projects, fellowship etc
• Proposal preparation – we provide comprehensive guidance and support in the compilation of research funding proposals. We have expertise in drafting, editing and proofreading proposals for funding from a variety of sources such as the research councils, Trust, charities and Welsh Government.
• Funding opportunities – funding agencies offer funding in a range of ways, we have collated these into a funding portal. This portal is regularly updated in response to new iniatives and calls for proposals.
• Budgetary information – funders and indeed schemes offer different levels of funding and have different eligibilities. We can guide you on what you should include in you project proposal and also advise on Full Economic Costing.
The University has recently subscribed to Research Professional which is an online database and alerting service providing unlimited access to research funding opportunities and policy news.
• A comprehensible, fully searchable database of UK and international funders
• All funding content has been pre-filtered for UK eligibility
• Save searches for later use and share information with colleagues
• Set up automatic email alerts of research funding and news that is relevant to your research area of interest.
To access the site please visit http://www.researchprofessional.com
If you wish to create an account please click on the register tab.
For up to date funding opportunities visit the Funding Matters Weblog.
Consider these general questions whilst preparing your application.
For a comprehensive list of funders go to Funding Links.
Is your application is being submitted through the Joint electronic Submission (Je-S)?
For information on the UoG approval system see External Funding Applications.
If you would like advice with compiling a research proposal please contact the Research Office or call ext. 3713.